Dizmo Developer Guidelines
The guidelines listed below play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for everyone using dizmoViewer. Defined terms used here have the same meaning as in the Developer Agreement.
Our content guidelines apply to any content your dizmo displays or links to, including any ads it shows to Users and any User-generated content it hosts or links to. Further, they apply to any content from your DizmoID which is publicly displayed in dizmoStore, including your developer name and the landing page of your listed developer website.
Apps which contain, promote of refer to the following material, perform the following actions, or provide related content and services, are prohibited: sexually explicit material, violence and bullying acts, hate speeches, impersonation or deceptive behaviour, intellectual property infringement, unauthorized publishing or disclosure of people’s private and confidential information, illegal activities in general, gambling or dangerous dizmos that harms, interferes with the operation of, or accesses in an unauthorized manner, networks, servers, or other infrastructure, interfere with dizmoStore (or its components or derivative elements) or make changes to the User’s dizmoViewer outside of the individual dizmo without the User’s knowledge and consent.
Spam and Placement in the dizmoStore
Developers are important partners in maintaining a great user experience in dizmoStore. Hence we recommend developers to avoid the following inappropriate practices:
- Use of repetitive content.
- Use of irrelevant, misleading, or excessive keywords in dizmos descriptions, titles, or metadata.
- Change the placement of any dizmo in dizmoStore, or manipulate any dizmo ratings or reviews by unauthorized means such as fraudulent installs, paid or fake reviews or ratings, or by offering incentives to rate dizmos.
- Post a dizmo where the primary functionality is to:
- Drive affiliate traffic to a website or
- Provide a webview of a website not owned or administered by You (unless You have permission from the website owner/administrator to do so).
- Send email or other messages on behalf of the User without providing the User with the ability to confirm content and intended recipient.
Dizmos published in dizmoStore may not directly or indirectly engage in or benefit from the following behavior:
- Promotion via deceptive ads on websites, dizmos or other properties, including simulated system, service, or dizmo notifications or alerts.
- Promotion or install tactics which cause redirection to dizmoStore or the download of the dizmo without informed User action.
It is Developer’s responsibility to ensure that no ad network or affiliate uses such methods to direct Users to pages that make Your dizmo available for download.
Paid and Free Apps
Dizmo purchases: Developers charging for dizmos and downloads from dizmoStore must do so by using dizmoStore’s payment system.
- Developers offering virtual goods or currencies within a dizmo downloaded from dizmoStore must use dizmoStore’s in-dizmo billing service as the method of payment.
- Developers offering additional content, services or functionality within another category of dizmo downloaded from dizmoStore must use dizmoStore’s in-dizmo billing service as the method of payment, except:
- when payment is primarily for physical goods or services (e.g., buying movie tickets, or buying a publication where the price also includes a hard copy subscription); or
- when payment is for digital content or goods that may be consumed outside of the dizmo itself (e.g., buying songs that can be played on other music players).
- Developers must not mislead Users either about the dizmos they are selling or about any in-dizmo services, goods, content or functionality they are selling. If Your dizmo description in dizmoStore refers to in-dizmo features to which a specific or additional charge applies, Your description must clearly notify Users that payment is required to access those features.
Subscriptions and Cancellations
Dizmo’s subscription cancellation policy is that a User will not receive a refund for the current billing period when canceling a subscription, but will continue to receive issues and updates of the relevant subscription content (if any) for the remainder of the billing period, regardless of the cancellation.
You (as the content or access provider) may implement a more flexible refund policy with Your Users directly, and it is Your responsibility to notify Your Users of those policies and ensure that the policies comply with applicable law.
The policy below covers all ads that are implemented in and bundled with dizmos. These guidelines are important in maintaining a high quality of standard when using dizmoStore.
- Developer Terms apply to the entire user experience of Your dizmo: Please be aware that Developer Agreement and this Developer Guidelines, (together, “Developer Terms”) apply to each dizmo as well as any ads or third-party libraries bundled or made available through the dizmo. You should offer your Users a consistent, guidelines compliant, and well communicated user experience. Ads are considered part of your dizmo for purposes of content review and compliance with the Developer Terms. Therefore all of the policies referenced above also apply. Please take care to use advertising which does not violate the Developer Terms.
- Ads Context: Ads must not simulate or impersonate the user interface of any dizmo, or notification and warning elements of an operating system. It must be clear to the User which dizmo each ad is associated with or implemented in.
- Ad Walls and Interstitial Ads: Interstitial ads may only be displayed inside of the dizmo they came with. Forcing the User to click on ads or submit personal information for advertising purposes in order to fully use a dizmo is prohibited. A prominent and accessible target must be made available to Users in any interstitial ad so they may dismiss the ad without penalty or inadvertent click-through.
- Interfering with dizmos and Third-party Ads: Ads associated with Your dizmo must not interfere with other dizmos or their ads.
In the event that Your dizmo is removed from dizmoStore, You will receive an email notification to that effect. If You have any questions or concerns regarding a removal or a rating/comment from a User, You may contact us at http://dizmo.com/support/support-form. Serious or repeated violations of the Developer Agreement or this Developer Guidelines will result in Developer Agreement termination. Repeated infringement of intellectual property rights, including copyright, will also result in Developer Agreement termination.
Open Source components
If Your dizmo includes any component licensed under an open source software license, You agree to comply with all applicable terms of that open source license agreement.